At Augmenta, we create software for the construction industry that fully automates the design of buildings - completely transforming the industry and empowering architects, engineers, contractors and developers. We’re a global team, headquartered in Toronto, Canada with a team of brilliant, kind and collaborative scientists, engineers and designers. We are spread across Canada, the US, and Italy, making our workplace a remote-first and distributed environment.
We’ve already built and delivered incredible software, and now we need your help to develop our first product and deliver it to market.
We’re looking for an VDC Onboarding Specialist to join our team at Augmenta. You will play a leading role in bringing the Augmenta Construction Platform (ACP) into the electrical engineering and contractor market and ensuring the success of our customers. You will be responsible for interfacing with prospective and existing customers to plan and assist with deployment and integration of our products, performing demonstrations of our products in support of pre-sales, and creating training material. This role reports to the VP of Customer Service.
What you will do
- Train customer teams on how to deploy and use ACP quickly and successfully
- Manage pilot and custom development projects and act as the primary point of contact and support with our customers
- Help customers prepare Excel data, and Revit projects, templates, families and associated data for use with ACP
- Interface with our customers to identify their needs, best practices and issues, then communicate this feedback back to internal product development teams
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and help prioritize customer issues.
Sales & Marketing
- Participate in early sales calls, communicating the value of our product to customer audiences and answering detailed product and workflow questions
- Providing product demonstrations virtually and in person
- Plan and run technical in-person workshops and provide support during conferences
Supporting product development
- Create demonstration Revit sites for demos, pilots and internal testing
- Create training documentation and technical sales material
- Revit part family and template preparation
- Help asses built and planned features for their fit with customer requirements
- Perform quality assessment of ACP, and identify, prioritize and report bugs
- This is a sales and customer success role. You will advocate for the product and the new workflow - one that is different from the one you know today.
- You will be mostly working with electrical subcontractors
- You will need to develop some expertise around electrical contractor planning, modeling, coordination and detailing workflows and an understanding of constructability
- Travel may be required for some strategic customer deployments, primarily to the US (5-10%)
- Experience in the construction industry
- Curiosity for new tools and technologies, and a desire to learn how they’re built
- Proficient in BIM modeling and experience with Virtual Design and Construction processes
- Expertise in the use of Autodesk Revit for electrical modeling
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Comfortable presenting to customers in virtual and live contexts
- Strong communication skills to communicate issues and opportunities to our development team.
Nice to have
These are the things you’re likely to work on, so if you have any experience in the following, great! If you don’t have experience in the following, we still encourage you to apply.
- Experience with the broader ecosystem of AEC tools, such as Navisworks, Bluebeam, BIM360, etc
Our Team and Perks
- We are an open, collaborative, and supportive culture including skill shares, design critiques, and a bi-weekly reading group
- We believe that employees should be owners, which is why we provide stock option grants for full time employees
- We believe in support the health and wellbeing of our team, which is why we offer a competitive health benefits package
- We believe in balance and taking time to rest and recharge, which is why we offer 4 weeks vacation to all full-time employees plus an extra week off at the end of December.
- As a remote-first team, we believe in the importance of having the right set up, which is why we offer a home office budget
- Learning and development is critical to us, which is why we have a self-directed learning budget
Our team is remote-first and fully distributed! We have team members across Canada, the US, Italy, and South Africa. This means that we often collaborate asynchronously via Slack and Video Conferencing.
Here's how to apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with “VDC Onboarding Specialist Application” in the subject line. Please also indicate where you saw this job posting.
Our Hiring Process
Discover: You discover the opportunity and apply to the role
Talk: You take part in a 30-45 minute screening call with the Hiring Manager to chat about the role and the team.
Deep dive: We have a 60 minute call to dive deep into your experience and the role.
Meet your team: You have a video call with a few other Augmenta team members.
Offer: You receive an offer to join Augmenta!
Accommodations and Accessibility
Inclusion and equity are the cornerstones of how we recruit, hire, and develop talent. We encourage applications from all candidates, especially those who identify as members of the BIPOC community, LGBTQ++ community, women, caregivers, immigrants, and people living with disabilities. We encourage candidates to include any accommodations you require in your application. We look forward to hearing from you.